How to treat Xanax addiction?
Although Xanax is used in treating anxiety, FDI has labeled the sedative as a Schedule II narcotic, which is highly addictive and highly potent for causing dependency. The addiction problem surfaces after the use of the medication for more than 1-2 weeks. It alters our brain chemistry and makes it impossible to function normally without any trace of the pill in our system. When the drug is suddenly stopped after a prolonged use, it produces severe withdrawal problems.
Alprazolam is sold under the brand name of Xanax. It belongs to the benzodiazepine group of medicines. It is used to treat anxiety and panic attacks in people. Like other benzodiazepines, Xanax is also a Central Nervous System depressant. Therefore, it stimulates the GABA receptors present in the brain and nerve synapses to produce a calming effect on the mind and body. It should only be used when prescribed and also should be used as per the guidelines of the doctor. While Purchasing the medication, you are advised to always choose the best Xanax online pharmacy to order your medication so that you can get real Xanax pills in a hassle-free manner.
The drug is highly addictive and its prolonged use can cause serious addiction problems. That is why it is not suggested to prescribe this sedative to those with a previous history of drug abuse. If you get addicted to the medicine, then you should immediately contact the doctor to avail the proper treatment, as, it can cause high physical dependence and hence, withdrawal symptoms can be severe. There are various rehabilitation centers that can help you with the detoxification and rehabilitation.
Patients who are likely to abuse the drug, the risk of developing an addiction towards the medication is eventually high. In most of the cases, you may not able to realize that you are abusing the drug. There are certain potential habits which can lead you to addiction.
Using or taking Xanax drug in a way which is not directed by your healthcare professional including:
- Consuming higher dosage level than doctor’s prescription
- Frequently usage of the medication than directed
- Taking the drug for a prolonged period
- Combining with other drugs or substances in order to modify effects
- Changing the way of administration such as snorting, chewing or crushing the pills
- Taking the drug for non-medical use
- Using your family or friend or someone’s prescription
Are you addicted to Xanax?
The medicine not only treats anxiety but also provides bliss as well as ecstasy to a user. This why many people can’t stop using these anti-anxiety pills even after the prescribed period is over. Xanax addiction surely produces lots of psychological problems as an indicator. These problems are listed below:
- Obsessive and compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Drug-seeking attitude
- Skipping work or meetings due to alprazolam use
- Strains in personal relationships
- Use of other medicines when Xanax cannot be availed
- Relying on alprazolam tablets to deal with reality
- Continuing the use of the drug instead of all negative impacts
These are few symptoms of the alprazolam addiction and if you witness any of those or anything which you feel is troubling you, then it is best to immediately look out for proper treatment.
Effects of Long-term abuse
Consistent abuse of the medication will put a person under long-term health consequences. Symptoms of long-term abuse include:
- Memory loss problems
- The confused state of feeling
- Unable to coordinate with people
- Trouble in decision-making as well as the way of thinking
- Problems in speaking or slurred words
- Tiredness or weakness
Xanax manhandle can possibly incur a significant injury on a man’s psychological well-being, also. Individuals who are previously healthy may encounter new manifestations of sorrow and anxiety. People with previous psychological well-being issues may see their conditions crumble as time goes on.
At last, likewise, with dependence on any substance, numerous parts of a man’s life will begin to an addict or carve for the drug. A person with Xanax addiction would experience the following problems in their life:
- Financial status
- Legal records such as impaired driving arrest, stealing, using illegal drugs and so on
- School or work-related issues
- Relationship problems
- Social life problems
The important of Xanax medical Detox
According to a recent research, 30% of people who failed to receive a Xanax withdrawal treatment from professional health specialist will end with grand mal seizures. Apart from this reason, there is a chance of other health risks as well, thus, the safest option for the Xanax withdrawal patients is medical detox.
Detoxification is a medical intervention method used for the purpose of getting rid of the toxins from the patient’s body and this method is a very safe and effective strategy for the addicted patients. This treatment requires a medical professional to observe your condition and also to provide the correct drug to relieve symptoms.
The following medical detox methods will be used to clear Xanax from patient’s body safely:
- Withdrawal symptoms will be treated by using anticonvulsants such as valproate, carbamazepine or sometimes sedating antidepressants such as trazodone.
- Gradually reducing the current dosage level until it reaches a lower dose of Xanax
- Replacing Xanax with longer-acting benzodiazepine drugs includes valium (diazepam) or Phenobarbital and weaning the dosage level.
How to treat Xanax addiction?
Treatment of the Xanax addiction can be very difficult at times, as people interact differently with the drug. There are many opinions on how to treat the addiction caused by a prescription drug like Xanax, but most of the experts concur on the fact that the best policy is, to combine the behavioral treatments and medicines for treating the addiction for the drug.
Due to the lack of research, there are not too many medications available to do the treatment, but there are few medicines that can be used to detoxify the body of the alprazolam. Keeping in mind that the withdrawal symptoms of this anti-anxiety drug can be severe, the use of a stronger sedative is always considered as an option in order to continue the process of detoxification without causing much pain to the patient.
Behavioral therapies are the real game changers in this case. It helps an individual understand the nature of addiction and help to control the urge of again using the drug. These therapies help an individual by giving self-control to not fall for the drugs again or to start over in a new way.
Regardless of the adequacy of Xanax, its dangers have driven specialists and patients alike to explore alternative therapies in order to alleviate the medical conditions treated by Xanax. There are certain alternative therapies methods have been explained below:
- Meditation, which helps to reduce stress signals (nerves that stimulate anxiety feelings) in the central nervous system or brain.
- Yoga is one of the significant alternative therapies used for all form of withdrawal and addiction treatments. Performing yoga has the ability to reduce the levels of arousal that occurred in a person’s head during the panic attack or anxiety.
- Essential oils, which depress central nervous system in order to cause relaxation
- Changes in lifestyle such as practicing exercise routine or leaving a stressful job
As Xanax considered as the popular anxiety medication in the USA, but the popularity comes with a price. As much as Xanax has turned out to be known for treating uneasiness and stress, it has additionally turned out to be synonymous with the plague of physician-recommended medicine. Luckily, various treatments and methodologies exist to enable people to rise up out of the shadow of Xanax addiction.