Soma is a unique and powerful muscle relaxer which blocks the sensations of pain from the nerves to the brain. The way it works is that, when the contraction of the muscle takes place or if there is an injury, GABA, acetylcholine and dopamine transmit pain sensations through the central nervous system to the spinal cord and thus the person feels pain. Soma depresses this activity and inhibits the conduction process as well as it binds to the GABA receptors and increases and balances the levels of certain neurotransmitter chemicals so the individual gets relief. During this process of soma, the muscles are relaxed and the muscular pain is removed. That is why soma is recommended for musculoskeletal conditions which are painful as well as for injuries sustained especially sports injuries. This pain-relief medicine offers a great deal of relief to the individual especially if it is combined with rest and physiotherapy.
Benefits of taking soma for different kinds of pain
The function of soma is multi-faceted as it can treat different kinds of pain.
- Muscle pain – Muscle pain happens as the muscles contracts and during the initial periods of contraction, the pain has low intensity but with time, the intensity increases and severe pain is caused. Soma can effectively tackle such muscle pain.
- Acute pain – The medicine helps with pains for low or even acute and chronic pain.
- Postoperative pain – The pill is even used for post operative pain and pain caused due to excessive use of that specific organ or muscle like what sports persons face.
- Back pain – Soma is prescribed for those who suffer from back pain and it helps to relieve stiffness and help them increase their movement.
- Fibromyalgia – The medication has led to improvement of general well being of the patients. It is prescribed for fibromyalgia to reduce the pain and improve sleep of the patients.
Exactly what amount of soma kills pain?
Soma basically comes in two different dosage strengths which is 250 mg and 350 mg. However, the dosages are not universal or standard and the doctor prescribes soma based on a number of factors including the type of pain, the response of the patient to the medication, the condition of the patient, the history of the patient and other such factors.
A doctor would be the best person to give recommendations on specific dosage of soma. The pill typically relives pain in 1 hour upon consumption and the effect of the drug lasts about 6 hours. Hence there should be a sufficient gap of 6 hours between two different doses of soma.
Soma however, in spite of all the relief it gives and the advantages it offers, needs to be taken under strict supervision of a medical professional as it is habit forming and could even lead to potential addiction in some person. Therefore, soma, when consumed only if it is prescribed, is powerful, useful and extremely advantageous to kill a wide variety of pain.